CostumART project focuses and aims to provide a new perspective of our social / cultural history from the perspective of costumery habits, revealing the importance of era clothing in theatre.
CostumART project has developed innovative applications for the revival, representation and dissemination of intangible cultural heritage focusing on the culture of theatrical costumes and its social dimensions.
CostumART project uses modern culture as expressed by theatrical forms by combining folk tradition as expressed through urban garment and the art of theatre.
CostumART project has created activities that enhance costumery elements via new technologies as subjects to be presented through modern sound, image, video and augmented reality.
With its conclusion, the project will offer a set of innovative applications that will highlight the urban garment – of past times, original and theatrical – and its uses in everyday life as reflected upon an artistic stage.
The aspiring goals of the project consist of:
- the emergence of a positive cultural interest from a new perspective,
- the emergence of decades of costumes and their historical rescue,
- the research and results in the field of IT conjunction with space and art via the relation of garments & their environment,
- the creation of an iconic project for theater space in the 3d dimension,
- creating a tool for clothing professionals.