SCOPE: The training of the Operators of the Wastewater Treatment Plants in the public and private sector on modern environmental wastewater treatment technologies.
- Operators of Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Environmental technology university students and graduates.
- Technicians from the private sector whose work is related to environmental technologies.
- Local Authorities employees.
- Elected Local Authorities representatives who are interested in environmental issues.
Upon completion of the training course, the participant is expected to:
- Obtain a Preliminary Approach.
- Know the Main Wastewater treatment Processes.
- Operate the Odours’ control.
- Use the Reclamation –Recycling-reuse of effluents.
- Know the Operating Equipment and Maintenance procedures.
- Be able to organize and operate a Laboratory for Water and Wastewater Analysis.
- Be able to assure Health Safety in the Wastewater treatment.
- Run the Public Relations dpt -Promote the Wastewater treatment.
Examples and case studies
Workshops and exercises facilitated by the trainer
- PRELIMINARY APPROACH
- MAIN WASTEWATER TREATMENT PROCESSES
- ODOURS’ CONTROL
- RECLAMATION-RECYCLING-REUSE OF EFFLUENTS
- EQUIPMENT OPERATING AND MAINTENANCE
- ORGANISING A LABORATORY FOR WATER & WASTEWATER ANALYSIS
- HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE WWTP
- PUBLIC RELATIONS-PROMOTING OF THE WWTP
The learning material consists of presentations and support material. The learning material will be available on-line in English, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese and Romanian language.
George Dialynas, Chemical Engineer, member of the Municipal Water Supply and Sewerage Service: D.E.Y.A.I., expert on environmental issues and Waste Water Treatment Plant operation.
Tuition fee: 350 euro per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility.
Cultural activities: 80 euro per person.
The cost includes a) a walking tour of Heraklion and welcome dinner, b) a guided tour of Heraklion, visit to Archaeological sites and c) common dinner with live music in Heraklion. The cost of local transportation and the entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
The cost can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
Maria Panagiotopoulos, tel: +30 2106822606, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
INDICATIVE TRAINING PROGRAMME
Introduction to the Environmental Management.
The role of Waste Water Treatment Plants.
Introduction to the Waste Water Treatments.
Main wastewater treatment Processes
Operation of a Waste Water Treatment Plant.
Reclamation – Recycling –reuse of Effluents
Organisation/running of a Waste Water Treatment Plant.
Equipment Operating and Maintenance
Organising a Laboratory for Water and Wastewater Analysis
Health and Safety assurance in the Waste Water Treatment Plant.
Development of the Public Relations strategy –Promotion of Waste Water Treatment Plant.